This guide is intended to help you choose a comb and cutter that is right for you.
Beiyuan designs and manufactures the greatest variety of shearing combs and cutters in the world. We have classified the range of our combs and cutters according to a detailed system of specifications to allow ease of identification and ordering. Left-handed variants of combs are available for some specifications.
Please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page for any queries regarding our products.
Specification of a Comb: Bevel + Requirement at the tip + Width + Scallop depth + Number of tooth + Sorting code
- Comb 6UB-94-3/4 refers to a comb with Bevel 6, Slightly-rounded-over-points (UB), Width 94mm, Scallop 3/4 depth & 13 teeth (as default)
- Comb 96MB-9 refers to a comb with Bevel 5, Width 96mm, Scallop full size (as default) & 9 teeth.
Specification of a cutter: Type + Cutting throw + Thickness
- Cutter AA-3.5 refers to an AA type cutter with 4 points, thickness 3.5mm.
- Cutter BBw-4.5 refers to a BB type cutter with 4 points, wide cutting throw, thickness 4.5mm.
Cover combs are sorted according to their bevel and width.
- Cover Comb LH-MB-94 refers to a left-handed cover comb with medium bevel (MB), width 94mm.